Sunday, February 12, 2012

Buccaneer Baby Backs

Rib Date: Sometime between Christmas and New Years
Ribsters: my father-in- law Douglas Shearer, my Aunt Shirl, Chuck and Elaine St. Clair, Gill, Eilidh, Riain and me.

Family from far and near came to enjoy the Buccaneer Baby Backs. Traveling the farthest was my father-in-law Douglas, who visited from Scotland over the holidays. My Aunt Shirl was here from Portland, Maine. The St. Clairs, meanwhile, came all the way from Coombsville. Elaine is my wife's cousin.
Enough on the family dynamics; more on the ribs. Coming from the Carribean, this is basically how pirates made ribs back in the day. Speaking of pirates, did you kow their two favorite letters are "R" and "I"? These ribs marinate in pepper laced wet rub for a number of hours, then get a rum-based BBQ sauce at the finish. I am not 100% certain, but it may have been my father-in-laws's first rib experience. He must have liked them, because he had seconds. I, on the other hand, thought they were OK. Sorry- no photos of these ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment